Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 5 . . . . .

Okay, it's only day 5 and I promised myself I'm not going to get on the pity pot, but things are pretty cruddy here. I called the doctor today to have him call in a refill for the pain medicine. I seem to have developed an upper respiratory infection and UTI (from the catheter put in during surgery), in addition to the severe aches and pains of having MAJOR surgery. I saw a posting on a message board I've been following described it pretty accurately . . . . . "you had it done laproscopically, it may look like 5 little wounds on the outside, but INSIDE you had your stomach cut in half and your intestinal tract completely rearranged. It will take time to heal. After all the anesthesia and hormonal surges post surgery, the blues are totally normal." After reading the many posts, I finally realized that the terrible couple days I've had this week were pretty much the norm, except mine were exaggerated even more by the upper respiratory and urine infections even more so. I know this is nothing compared to the pain I've endured all these years being so dang fat and it's absolutely minute when you look at others and the pain they experience on a daily basis, but man oh man, I didn't imagine it to be like this. It's definitely one of those things which you must experience on your own to truly know what it is like. Kind of like childbirth and kidney stones, huh?

4 comments:

Chiara said...

Julianne my gallbladder surgery recovery bothered me way more than my 2 c-sections did. Also remeber they pump you full of air when they do it UGH. {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} so proud of you for embarking on this journey

Bree said...

hang in there chickadee...sending lots of healing hugs your way!

Sunny said...

I'm thinking about you Julianne. I hope you're feeling a little better every day. Hugs to you.

Ramona said...

Jules,
I have to say that this surgery was more painful than having a c-section with my son. Hang in there babe and just think about how hot we are going to be this time next year. LOL

HUGS